After the rain destroyed the final day, the first test was drawn
After rain destroyed the penultimate play of day one, the first test between England & India at Southampton came to an abrupt halt. After a narrow opening day, rain on day 2 destroyed the final day of play. England was unlucky to draw this series.
Surrey, a beautiful part of the south east of England is known for its beautiful scenery and laid-back lifestyle. It boasts ancient castles and rolling hills, stunning coastline, and countless charming villages. It also has some of most dangerous roads in the country. This is why many drivers avoid the notorious B-roads.
Must Read: can alex dowsett journey a blacked out
Eoin Morgan’s England Red Rose team failed in their mission. They had the opportunity to beat India by a wide margin in the first Test but fell apart in the second and third days. India scored 1,197 runs in the last three days. England did not reply, despite the rain having a role in the outcome.
- England 183 (Root 64; Bumrah 4-46) & 303 (Root 109, Bumrah 5-64)
- India 278 (Rahul 84, Robinson 5-85) & 52-1
“We would have had nine chances to create a surface such as that, in my view.” It is possible that things could have turned around quickly in our favor.
Wet weather delayed the start time to 11:00 BST, and it continued to do so throughout today.
Also Read: annemiek van vleuten contemplating hurrying
After a brief dry spell at 14:30, an inspection was set for the following day, but it rained again, so the match was canceled at 15:50.
- Virat Kohli, India skipper, stated that “We were in an incredible position to take a shot on the objective.”
- It would have been an exciting and fun Test match. It was awful that the weather turned so terrible.
- The second Test in the five-match series will be played at Lord’s on Thursday.
England can flee
England had a chance at victory thanks to Root’s brilliance, but they were bowled out for just 183 in the first innings. This is a fortunate escape.
Root is a risk to their batting: Root has been outed for less than 200 runs in just eight of their 13 Test innings.
The current top six players will feel their team’s position is at risk. Zak Crawley has been the least productive player this season with an average of just 11 points in Tests.
Root observed that Zak is a very powerful character. Root said, “When he goes out there, he should be thinking about how he could apply it to his game.”
Most Popular: eddy merckx jumbo visma rode tour de france stupidly
He has proven to everyone that he can perform at this level. He must believe in it every time he steps out on the field.”
Haseeb Hameed is likely to make the top three. Ollie Pope appears to be in good health for Lord’s. Only two of Pope’s Jonny Bairstow and Dan Lawrence are likely be selected.
India has refuted this claim
India won this match but was denied the opportunity to win the series opener in the United Kingdom, for the first time since 1986.
Sport quoted Kohli as saying, “I felt that we were 70-30 ahead going in to day five.”
“We were pleased with the way things had turned out. We were unstoppable with the bat, the ball and on the field. We are confident going into the second Test.
Never Miss: us open up osaka rolls in to third round
KL Rahul seemed confident after scoring scores of 84-26, after openers Shubman Gil and Mayank Agarwal were injured. This was the answer to India’s greatest concern about their batting lineup.
- They are rich in bowlers to the point that Ravichandran Ashwin (413 Test wickets) was not included in this match.
- Ishant Sharma was the pace bowler who bowed India to victory at Lord’s 2014 but sustained a hand injury. He practiced in Nottingham prior to the match.
- Their most recent trip to India in 2018 was extremely competitive. A 4-1 win over England was an understatement.
- While there will be some concerns about India’s ability to bat in English conditions, the visitors will enter this series as favourites.